Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tables Are Here

Our tables have arrived for the Beer Olympics. Just a reminder this is how they are supposed to be used.

When negotiating for the tables I told the man selling them they were for a day care center. It didn't seem right that I explain the real reason I needed them. My last email to him included, "Thank you so much for your help. The children will love them!" It's not that inaccurate. Most of the people participating are just grown children.

The tables are short so there is going to be considerable bendage when leaning down to initially grab the cup of beer and then again to flip the cup. For some people this is a problem, "Bending! I hate bending!" But others realize the advantage of having their teammates bending over. I suggest all female competitors consider a nice V-neck shirt for the competition.

The tables are wobbly, but, as you can see, support some weight. There is a small ridge surronding the table. It's probably for preventing children's crayons from rolling off, but in our case it actually works against us. It makes flipping a bit more challenging but not too much so. In my tests I consistently was able to one and two flip.

These tables are very tossable. They are light enough that if all people on the team are trying to throw it, the tables not going too far. They are so light that if there's a strong gust of wind, there is a chance that it could go backwards. God willing.

The legs are pretty fragile, but I think that rather than breaking they'll more likely just pop out. It will make it an interesting race if people are routinely forced to put their tables back together.

The pieces are coming together. All we need are some teams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home