Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mendoza is Disgruntled

Mendoza is pissed off. We don't know why, but she is. My theory is that she is psyching herself up for the Olympics a wee bit early. At this rate you better not screw with her on the 24th or she'll put a fist through your chest. Here's what she has to say:

"After reading the beer blog today, I was thinking that perhaps an age requirement should have been instated. No self respecting college graduate, nay- college student past their freshman year calls boat racing "flippy/flip cup." "Flippy cup" is left to those big-boob, airhead, h.s/college girls that played that game "only once", or so they say, and still have to be reminded of the rules. These youngn's and their lack of respect for the sport leaves me suspicious about their seriousness to play and ability to compete. Their girly-like demeanors have been exposed and I do not doubt their feeble tolerance will only leave us hoping they remember to clean up their puke."


Now I think what Mendoza is advocating is a big boobed bimbo ban not an age requirement.

Chairman Horn and I have discussed this extensively. While we are fierce opponents of the term "flippy cup", coming out of the mouth of a big boobed bimbo it sounds really cute and is actually pretty charming. Therefore we do not support the bimbo ban.

I would also like to point out that this further proves that girls hate other girls, even hypothetical ones that may or may not exist. If such rage can exist against imaginary women its a wonder that the WNBA can succeed, what with the requirement that five women have to work together at the same time. Actually this makes perfect sense. The only time women will work together is when they are working to defeat, harm, one up, or destroy another group of women. And they say men are competitive.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, not to sound like a dumb airhead girly girl, but if it's not called "flippy cup" why then IS it called boat racing?

1:53 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Mendoza that people who call it "flippy cup" are not serious competitors. I, however, do not limit this to girls. I have heard both sexes disrespect the game this way, and I want to slap not just any bimbo, but any boy (not man, BOY) who says it silly. What self-possessed drinker would term the game "flippy cup"? It's like calling football "catchy ball." I don't care if you are male or female, if you are playing with me you better bring your best game face. And that includes FOCUS.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Chairman M said...

Yet another misnomer bred my Marquette, but personally, and Illini don't crucify me, I prefer "boat racing" to "taps".

The name comes from another similar drinking game that occured between the rowing teams of Oxford and Cambridge. I think we Americans stole the idea, added a flip element and called it boat racing.

I've heard it called this at both Marquette, Northwestern, and from someone coming from an Eastern school. I'm guessing that since these all have rowing or sailing teams that's how it got there.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Boat racing" in the Cornell DKE house is a similar relay race-type game, but involves chugging a full cup of beer, then placing it upside down on your head to prove that it's empty. This is why I was converted from "boat racing" to "flip cup."

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, "Flip Cup" is a regional name. I never heard anyone in Syracuse call the game boat races or taps. Though I do refer to the game as "Flip Cup", I have never, and will never, refer to it as "flippy cup".

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...Close enough, you chick.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home